· Groundbreaking for Homestead-Miami Dade Motorsports Complex – as the track was originally named – began Aug. 24, 1993. The first race was a NASCAR Nationwide Series event on Nov. 5, 1995.
· The original configuration was a four-turn, rectangular oval based on Indianapolis Motor Speedway's layout.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Homestead was held on Nov. 14, 1999.
· 2002 was the first season of the Championship Weekend at Homestead, with all three of NASCAR’s national series holding their season finale at the same track.
· Since the inception of the current points system in 1975, only two drivers have made up a points deficit in the season finale: Richard Petty in 1979 (made up two points on Darrell Waltrip) and Alan Kulwicki in 1992 (made up 30 points on Davey Allison).
· There have been 11 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Homestead, one per season since 1999.
· Five drivers have competed in all 11 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Elliott Sadler and Tony Stewart.
· David Green won the first pole, in 1999.
· Tony Stewart won the inaugural race, in 1999.
· There have been nine different pole winners. Kurt Busch and Jimmie Johnson lead all drivers, with two.
· There have been eight different race winners, led by Greg Biffle, with three.
· Jack Roush has won six races, most among owners.
· The race has been won from the pole twice: Bill Elliott (2001) and Kurt Busch (2002).
· The race has been won from a top-10 starting position eight of 11 times.
· Denny Hamlin won last season from the 38th starting position, the furthest back a race winner has started.
· Three active drivers have averaged a top-10 finish: Carl Edwards (6.5), Jeff Gordon (9.5) and Kevin Harvick (8.4).
NASCAR in Florida
· There have been 164 NASCAR Sprint Cup races in Florida.
· 162 drivers in NASCAR’s three national series have their home state recorded as Florida.
· There have been 10 race winners from Florida in NASCAR’s three national series:
Homestead-Miami Speedway Data
Race #: 36 of 36 (11-21-10)
Track Size: 1.5 miles
Race Length: 267 laps/400.5 miles
· Banking/Corners: 18-20 degrees
· Banking/Straights: 4 degrees
· Frontstretch: 1,760 feet
· Backstretch: 1,760 feet
Driver Rating at Homestead
Carl Edwards 111.0
Matt Kenseth 105.3
Martin Truex Jr. 103.8
Kevin Harvick 101.1
Greg Biffle 99.0
Jeff Gordon 95.1
Denny Hamlin 94.7
Jimmie Johnson 92.9
Mark Martin 91.9
Jeff Burton 88.7
Note: Driver Rating compiled from 2005-2009 races (4 total) at Homestead.
2009 pole winner: Jimmie Johnson (173.919 mph, 31.049 seconds)
2009 race winner: Denny Hamlin, 126.986 mph, 11-22-09)
Track qualifying record: Jamie McMurray (181.111 mph, 29.816 seconds, 11-14-03)
Track race record: Tony Stewart (140.335 mph, 11-14-99)
Pit Window: Every 50-55 laps