During the 22nd week of the Daytona Repave project, paving of the wearing course – the final layer of asphalt – is taking place on pit road, pit exit and the tie ins to the road course.
Other highlights from the past two weeks include:
• Reinstallation of the Musco lights in Turns 1, 2, 3 and 4 is ongoing
• Reinstallation of the catch fence in Turns 1 and 2 is ongoing
• The SAFER barrier reinstallation in Turns 1 and 2 is complete
• Paving of the asphalt in the aprons in both Turns 1, 2, 3 and 4 is ongoing
• Daytona International Speedway will host a Goodyear tire test on Wednesday, Dec. 15 and Thursday, Dec. 16