Play the Wouldn't it be Nice Game in "Ask & It is Given" by Esther & Jerry Hicks. Here is what came up for me.
Wouldn't it be nice if....
- I could sing beautifully
- I would dance beautifully and gracefully
- I was an amazing communicator and loved speaking in front of a large audience
- I could focus
- I was consistent
- I created a business that felt like a fun game and not work
- I felt passionate, alive, & beaming with energy
- I had a beautiful body
- I did do what I wish I had the balls to do
- I felt beautiful just the way I am
- I believed in myself and felt connected to my spirit
- I had unlimited resources
- I was an incredible friend
- I was a billionaire
- I could walk outside and pick my meal from the garden that was full of nutrient dense biophotons and pure energy.
Follow up your dreams with a reason why. Here are my reasons why it would be nice. They correlate in order to the dreams listed above.
It would be nice because....
- I would belt out a song whenever I wanted to and wouldn't feel self conscious. I wouldn't care what anyone thought of my voice. I would just enjoy it!
- I would get down and DANCE. I wouldn't hold back! I would let go, get into it and have fun!
- I wouldn't care if anyone made fun of me or thought I sucked
- I would share what my heart is calling me to do & I would know people understand me.
- I would finish all the inspiring things I start
- I would really make progress and master my passions
- I would look forward to creating, it would feel easy & effortless instead of overwhelming
- I would feel satisfied with life everyday
- I wouldn't let insecurities keep me from getting out and JUST DOING IT!
- I would feel uninhibited & free I would enjoy my beautiful body rather than criticizing it
- I wouldn't care if other people were judging me, I would just do my thing
- I'd love my haters
- I'd conquer my fears, my prison, my world!
- I'd feel good about the way I conducted myself in relationships
- I could make a difference in the world, help people by investing in them just as others have invested in me
- I would be beaming with energy
Exercise 4- List Your Fears
What did you find is holding you back? Here is my list of fears that I allowed to paralyze me from living the life I want and enjoy.
I am afraid of....
- being judged
- negative opinions
- not being good enough, inadequate
- being misunderstood
- succeeding and getting what I want
- too many responsibilities, juggling too much
- being overwhelmed
- open up and be vulnerable
Free your Mind & JUST DO IT = Inspire 2 Act!
It's time to let the hamster in your mind get off it's wheel and stop running the same cycle. Give it a rest. Stop with the incessant mental chatter. Let the creative inspiration come to you when you are in a state of relaxation and go with it. Do not allow the mind to work against you and talk yourself out of your dreams and passions with fears and doubts. Let your mind be a tool to take you where your heart desires.
Exercise 5- Pleasure, Silence & Relaxation
Give yourself the gift of pleasure, silence and relaxation. Stop squeezing the pleasure out of your life and allow yourself to come alive. Feel life flow through you. I am practicing this daily as part of my "New Day Resolutions". I know when I do the things that bring me joy that life feels effortless. I also allow time to reflect, appreciate, and listen to my inner guidance. The inspiration just gets louder and the days soon are no longer just an hour of pleasure, but you'll feel it all day long. Start stretching out the bliss in your days.
How would I feel if I did it anyway?
Regardless of fears, limitations, doubts, and insecurities how would you feel if you did it anyway? Maybe a little scared and a little turned on? According to my friend, Steve Pavlina if it turns you on and scares you a little bit then ya gotta do it.
I'd feel alive, free, relaxed, in celebration, & empowered. How do I know? Just check out my video "Skeletons in my Closet". That was soooo scary for me to do, but after it was over I was embraced with love, support and encouragement. I was welcomed into the world.I was FREED just by sharing it publicly.
Liberate yourself from your fears & do it anyway! Here are 2 of my favorite quotes that help me from out of fear and into a state of inspiration that calls me to action.
Our Deepest Fear
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson
"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have,and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis,it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway."
What Do You Want?
As for me, I want to master of my life & feel freedom, passion, joy, and empowerment. By liberating myself and sharing with you my inner vulnerable world and fears I am creating space to let go and live my life. I am dropping the fears and going for it. How about you?
Tell me, what is it you love? What is it you want to explore? What makes you come alive? Why did you stop doing the things you love? Tell me what you are afraid of and why. Let's liberate each other and Just Do It! We owe it to the world to do what we love. Let's master the art of living well!