· Indianapolis Motor Speedway has existed since 1909, and is the original "Speedway," the first racing facility to incorporate the word in its name.
· With a permanent seating capacity for more than 250,000-plus people and infield seating that raises capacity to an approximate 400,000, it is the largest and highest-capacity sporting facility in history.
· There have been 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Indianapolis Motor Speedway since the first race, in 1994.
· Four drivers have competed in all 17 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin.
· Rick Mast won the first pole, in 1994.
· Jeff Gordon won the 1994 inaugural race.
· There have been 14 different pole winners.
· Jeff Gordon leads all pole winners, with three.
· 10 drivers have won, led by Jeff Gordon, with four victories.
· Jimmie Johnson (three), Dale Jarrett and Tony Stewart (two each) are the other multiple winners.
· Hendrick Motorsports has won seven races, more than any other organization.
· Nine races have been won from a top-five starting position.
· The furthest back a race winner has started at Indianapolis was 27th, by Jeff Gordon in 2001.
· Two drivers have won from the pole: Kevin Harvick in 2003 and Jimmie Johnson in 2008.
· Dale Jarrett (1996), Jimmie Johnson (2006) and Jamie McMurray (2010) are the only drivers to win both the Daytona 500 and the Brickyard 400 in the same season.
· Tony Stewart (8.2), Jeff Gordon (9.4) and Kevin Harvick (9.9) are the only active drivers to average a top-10 finish.
· Three of the last five Indianapolis races ending under green had a margin of victory under one second.
· 14 of the 17 races have been won by a past, reigning or future NASCAR Sprint Cup champion. The only three that were not: Ricky Rudd in 1997, Kevin Harvick in 2003 and Jamie McMurray in 2010.
· The winner of the Indianapolis race has won the championship in the same year eight times in the 17 years the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has raced there:
2009: Jimmie Johnson
2008: Jimmie Johnson
2006: Jimmie Johnson
2005: Tony Stewart
2001: Jeff Gordon
2000: Bobby Labonte
1999: Dale Jarrett
1998: Jeff Gordon