In case you weren't aware, there's been something of a resurgence in bands playing old-school style death metal recently, probably to counteract the soulless wankery that has taken precedent since the turn of the millenium. This is a compilation of some of my favourites from this scene. (I will note that my colleague HeySharpshooter is somewhat more of an expert than me; if you like the style, I highly recommend all of his posts).
1. Bastard Priest - Total Mutilation (from Under The Hammer Of Destruction)
2. Funebrarum - Cursed Eternity (from The Sleep Of Morbid Dreams)
3. Hooded Menace - Terror Castle (from Never Cross The Dead)
4. Sonne Adam - Take Me Back To Where I Belong (from Transformation)
5. Abysmal Dawn - Leveling The Plane Of Existence (from Leveling The Plane Of Existence)
6. Bonesaw - Kill, Fuck And Eat (from Sawtopsy)
7. Decrepitaph - Desecrate Sacred Flesh (from Profane Doctrines Unburied)
8. Burial Invocation - Through The Void Of Obscurity (from Rituals Of The Grotesque)
9. Cruciamentum - Convocation Of Crawling Chaos (from Convocation Of Crawling Chaos)
10. Mortuous - External Deformities (from Mors Immortalis)
N.B. The reason for Abysmal Dawn's presence here is that they are akin to classic era Morbid Angel - amongst the rest they will stick out like a sore thumb.
Labels: *Death Metal, ##COMPILATIONS, +Compilation, Court In The Act Death Metal Series